View Single Post
Old 06-28-2003, 07:29 AM   #49
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

When she heard the knock on the door, Annawyn reached up to pat her hair, reassuring herself that all was in place. She smoothed the skirt of her dark blue dress, having taken off her working pinafore. On an impulse, she snatched a colourfully embroidered shawl on her way out. That should give a festive note to my attire, she thought, then opened the door to join the waiting girls.

She smiled to see not only Mellaith and Ravenna, but several of the older apprentices and seamstresses as well. The young women had their disagreements and rivalries at times, but for those who lived in her house, the others were like a family. They are my only family as well, she mused as they walked to the White Horse Inn. She accompanied them to keep a watchful, protective eye on them, but she looked forward to enjoying the evening herself too.

Music wafted toward them as they entered the Inn; the girls scattered to greet acquaintances and to admire the decoration. Annawyn waved across the room at Aylwen, who was busy supervising the musicians and welcoming guests. She could not see Bęthberry at first glance; she was most likely busy somewhere and sure to show up in a rush of activity soon.

Annawyn stopped to exchange a few words with Laevin, the blacksmith. They stopped talking to listen to the children sing and applauded enthusiastically when they were finished. Then the seamstress continued to walk around the room leisurely, pausing to chat with friends and introducing herself to some of the many newcomers.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'