View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 06:43 AM   #272
Raynor
Eagle of the Star

Raynor has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
He is, actually. He sets that rule himself. He does not interfere with Arda, it is left to the management of the Valar.
Again, false dilemma. His interventions and the government of the valar are not mutually exclusive. I have gave plenty of arguments in that respect. Perhaps you could back your statement too?
Quote:
If you look further, what he does is separate for ever the worlds of Men and Elves.
That's a questionable argument at best. Men were forbidden to access Valinor from the begining, which became after the war of wrath the de facto destination of all elves, as they have been "if not commanded, then sternly counselled" to go there.
Quote:
It is not at all clear even if he intended to drown Numenor, he only intends to take Valinor away from the reach of mortals
I already asked what reasons are there that this was an accident, overstepping the initial objectives. Would you care to answer?
Quote:
if Eru was trying to deal with Sauron he would also have nixed all his future plans.
Myths Transformed stated that Sauron was a problem Men had to deal with finnally.
Quote:
Note that nobody talks of Numenor anyway, so why would they talk of the more serious matter of its destruction and if that was just?
Note that they still reffer to it, though by not its initial name, but by a name that, at least metaphorically, justifies its drowning: the downfallen. Note that Faramir reffers to it. It is also mentioned by those who composed the appendices.
Quote:
They even still desired Numenor and to go West
As in breaking that ban again?? What do you mean?
Quote:
Are you equating a tiny child with a Mouth of Sauron?
No. Since we are playing judging Eru, I am proposing to take his perspective. I believe that the extent of Sauron's corruption would have left, after a certain period of time, none of the Numenoreans (who weren't faithfuls) a choice to redeem themselves, not in the circles of the world, no matter what age they had. They were doomed to be in thraldom to evil, due to the amount of power Sauron spent to corrupt them.