View Single Post
Old 11-08-2004, 11:04 AM   #297
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raefindel
What's your favorite color, Helen Hobbit?
It depends... For what?

For a long time now I've been racking my brains on how to make a functional, useful Lorien cloak-- no, not like in the movies, although those were nice enough; I mean one that can actually blend in in the woods or in the fields or in the water or in the fog.

The scots did it with multicolored tartans. By Victorian times there were "hunting " tartans that were woven with greens and blues, or with faded, earthy colors-- essentially "camo" colors appropo for their environs.

Clan Matheson Hunting
Hunting Stewart
Hunting Erskine
Hunting MacKinnon

Would I use tartan? Maybe. Not sure. I've toyed with the idea of using actual camo! But it's not all that attractive for town wear. I want some sort of nice woodsy, leafy pattern. (Like what?? Dunno-- I haven't seen it yet.) I'm thinking more of a reversable cloak, with greys and blues on one side-- or should it be greys and browns?-- and then greens and browns on the other side. Or *something * like that! Both my cloaks are solid color and unlined, and they are rather drafty; Rae's cloaks are always lined and they're cozier.

Hmmmmm, hmmmm.