View Single Post
Old 03-20-2002, 09:05 PM   #18
Airedae
Pile O'Bones

Airedae has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

It made me appreciate my friends more and weed through the ones that I realized didnt care about me. Sam and Frodos friendship was the truest I've ever seen and I found out what a real friend is. If you share hard times with your friend, my best friend to be exact,then it most certainly binds you to them for the rest of your life. That is if you are a true friend. I appreciate my best friend now more than i ever did. I thought i was appreciating her but it wasnt enough...it was something i didnt realize. Tolkiens lesson of friendship saved what is now a 10 year best friend relationship. She has had a child now and Ive been there to see her daughter be born and to share in her happiness. I really have to think Tolkien for my realizing true friendship before i lost the one person that means the most to me in my life. So yeah i was changed alot by the books. i grew alot and learned alot. even if its alot of mythology, it still has great lessons and meanings within the pages of the books. That's a really good question. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

~Valerie~
Airedae is offline   Reply With Quote