View Single Post
Old 02-24-2004, 04:31 PM   #3
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Roa was outside with Valthalion by the time Galadel came out. Swiftly, the Elf answered the questions written in their eyes. "Fear not, he is out of the darkness for now. He is beginning to understand what ails him. Soon he may be healed. But I cannot be certain, and I can do nothing save ease his pain."
Well, some good and some bad, thought Roa, echoing her brother's favorite phrase. She prayed to Eru that things would turn out for the better.

Turning to Valthalion, she said, "Now, my young kinsman, what is it you desire to discuss with us?" Valthalion paused as though considering how to begin.

"I seek... a fulfillment in my life, and a way to achieve rememberance. I will not find these things in the Shire, this I know, but what can I do?" His face was earnest, and his voice desperate. Roa laughed.

She laughed untill no sound came from her, and her face was red for lack of air. When she finally regained herself, Roa looked up into the face of a rather indignant Valthalion, and a quite amused Galadel. "Forgive me, my friend,I should not have laughed," Roa apologized with a smile. "You seek what many young men seek, and I have heard such things a great deal. You seek a way to fufill your life. Very well, continue to aid with the Inn, and when the time comes, I will teach you these things." his she said with a wink to Galadel, but Valthalion did not notice. Galadel spoke also.

"I agree, this is a matter not lightly taught," she said, returning Roa's gesture. "It is best you complete this task, for it is large enough, and what we will say may take a great deal of time." Valthalion nodded slowly. He looked to Roa and assured her that he felt no grudge for her laughter, and bowing slightly, returned to the work he had been away from for too long already.

"How long will it take him to realize that his life already has meaning and fulfillment?" Roa wondered allowed.
"He has a good heart, and a strong spirit. He only lacks the wisdom that comes from experience," Galadel responded. Roa smiled and bade her keep close watch on Snaveling, then returned to her own labor. Soon, you will understand, Valthion...

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen