View Single Post
Old 02-26-2004, 10:57 PM   #25
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dűm

Regin Hardhammer has just left Hobbiton.
Regin Hardhammer

Done, he thought to himself with an air of satisfaction and pride. After he finished, Regin Hardhammer took a step back to admire his work. For the past few hours Regin had withdrawn himself from the public eye to a reclusive tent where he prepared his gift for the Dragon’s reopening. He had felt a bit guilty taking time out of overseeing the reconstruction of the Inn in order to finish his special project, but he reasoned that the item itself would be a grand gift for the reopening of the Inn. Won’t they all be surprised when I unveil it? he smirked to himself. Now all of the Green Dragon folk would see just where his true talents lay!

Crash went a wooden beam, and broke with a crack so loud that even Regin heard it with clarity, despite his distance from the Inn building. As Regin rushed out, leaving his gift hidden in a chest inside the tent, he saw two young male hobbits and a splintered piece of lumber between them. The other Dwarf, Fungrim, went over to assist the hobbits as Regin came towards them. Very agitated, Regin was about to unleash a tirade chastising the young Hobbits when Fungrim intervened.

“Come now Regin, I’m sure the Hobbits didn’t do it on purpose.”
The pair of hobbits nodded their heads vigorously with an expression of obvious relief.

Regin relented, “Yes, I suppose not, but young hobbits do seem to have a talent for destroying things. Breaking, burning....they have mastered them all. Oh, very well. Off with you then.” The pair ran off as quickly as if they had seen a nazgul, and nearly as shaken.

After another hour of work, Regin smelled something he had not smelled in quite some time. A whiff of pipe tobacco punctured the pleasant afternoon breeze. It did not have the scent of any tobacco he had smoked before; the aroma was like dew-covered daisies bathed in the morning light. Quickly, Regin searched for the source of this wonderful aroma. He found it coming from a hobbit, someone Regin had never seen before. His experience with hobbits had often been a mixed bag, but Regin had a feeling he would like this one. He approached the hobbit as he was hammering a board in place.

“Excuse me young sir but I do not recall ever seeing you and wish to introduce myself. My name is Regin Hardhammer and I am in charge of this rebuilding process. I am very grateful for your help in the project, and hope that you stay for a while for the rebuilding party after the completion of the Inn. I have not smoked quality weed for an extremely long time, for these days it is very hard to come by, especially on the road. I do not know the name of the blend you have, but it smells delightful. May I relieve you of a portion, only a pipe full perhaps?"