View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 02:56 PM   #47
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
And yes the reaction to Galadriel and Gandalf was not that I thought even PJ would take enough liberty to have some bizarre romance going on more "What are they doing to the story this time?"
Exactly. It is clear what it is: probably some sort of "I am afraid of Sauron and the rest of the Council even does not support me" - "No, I trust you, even if all the others don't" moment, or something like that.

But what I find peculiar is that they decided to put it into the trailer: because, what are people who aren't that familiar with Tolkien lore going to think when they see it? What purpose does it serve? They already show both G's in the trailer, so they don't need to prove any more to the audience that they are going to be there; or if they wanted to show a scene where the two of them are together, then surely there would be even a different scene. But this scene so much opens to the "what is it, a romance?" interpretation that it seems really strange to me that they included it, of all things. Surely they must have known.

P.S. And by the way - I find it funny, because if there is a person who is completely against the movie adaptations of LotR, it is me, but I find the accusations of PJ's "crimes" on this thread surprisingly strong. He is definitely guilty of all that, but for me at least, that didn't mean that I wouldn't be able to give him another chance. I still thought he could make a decent enough movie out of TH. Like I said, though, the trailer did not convince me much about that and right now it seems that he indeed failed the same as with LotR. However, once again like I said, that is only judging by the impressions - the whole movie can still be completely different from the trailer. So I'll wait to see.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 12-23-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote