Thread: Did you cry?
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2003, 01:50 PM   #20
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i cried my eyes out during ttt on the futuristic arwen/aragorn stuff. then i kept on crying even when i got home, and at any random time i happened to be thinking bout the movie and remembered that scene. i also cried when Theoden said "no parent should have to bury their child" outside theodreds grave (actually, cried is a major understatement)
i also cried big time when gandalf, eomer, and the rohirrim charged down the slope into the uruk-hai at helms deep
i have only ever cried once at haldirs death. the first two times i thought "darn", the third i practically fell off my seat laughing, the fourth i was torn between laughing and crying. the fifth time was when i cried. problem was, i couldnt stop crying for the rest of the film. sixth time i think was a "darn" situation
the other day i watched fotr, and for the first time ever i actually cried at anything to do with fotr. i may have once come marginally close to crying during fotr in the cinema, but never actually cried, so out of about 50 times, this was the first time ive cried. it was when boromir died, and i bawled my eyes out. then naturally i couldnt stop crying until the end.
also, during ttt, i sometimes feel incredibly upset, but dont actually cry, when grima gets thrown down the steps of meduseld and almost bashed up by theoden (i know its kind of a strange reaction, considering my friends are cracking up next to me, and everyone else practically cheers and cracks open the champagne)