View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 10:32 AM   #82
cellurdur
Shade of Carn Dûm

cellurdur has just left Hobbiton.
I saw the Hobbit and overall I thought it was a very, very good film and well done. I enjoyed it much, much more than the Two Towers or Return of the King.

I even agreed with some of the changes. Making the dwarves more heroic and noble fits better with the story. I also like that they gave us the background of Thorin's name.

Bilbo was brilliant and exactly how I thought he would be. I am glad to see that they did Bilbo justice.

I am happy they put the singing back in the films too.

Even having Azog survive and want revenge is a change I did not want, but could easily tolerate.

What did disappoint me is the pointless changes, which made little sense. Why is the Witch King of Angmar supposed to be dead, when they know he holds one of the Great Rings?
Why did Thranduil pay homage to the king under the mountain?
Why was Elrond against the dwarves quest?

My biggest gripe though has to be in Gandalf. Gandalf seems to lack authority and they have removed all his great displays of power or cunning. The scene with the trolls should have been kept it.
I disliked how the White Council played out. Gandalf should have been given more respect, though he would defer to Saruman. Elrond was not very wise and perhaps they should have included a few more of other the elves.
Shame we have never seen the elves being merry and having fun. This film would have been great to see a Rivendell party and perhaps include Aragorn.

Was not a fan of the way Radagast was portrayed either. He IS still a maia and should have his dignity.

I am also unsure how Gandalf got the map if not from Dol Guldur?

Last edited by cellurdur; 12-18-2012 at 12:10 PM.
cellurdur is offline   Reply With Quote