Old 12-15-2007, 12:25 PM   #3
MatthewM
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MatthewM has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to MatthewM
Tolkien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazgûl-king View Post
I think the films try to show Faramir acting like Boromir and doing what Boromir would have done, in the hopes that he would please his father. Here is one example:

*"The ring will go to Gondor" - I could easily see Boromir trying to take Frodo and Sam to Gondor with the ring, and if I remember correctly (haven’t read Fellowship in a while) he even tries to convince Frodo to go to Minas Tirith in the book. Perhaps when Faramir sees the ring he has a kind of "what would Boromir do?" moment, and decides that he will do what Boromir would have done and take the ring to Gondor.

Can you think of any other times in the films, where we see Faramir trying to act like Boromir, or doing things Boromir probably would have done?
Boromir does try to convince Frodo to take the Ring to Minas Tirith in the books. A just solution, I would say! However, although I see what you're saying, PJ's Boromir and PJ's Faramir are both different from book Boromir and Faramir. Even if you're comparing movie Boromir to movie Faramir I would say the resemblance is slim, because of Faramir's huge, huge, huge skewing from book to film.