Maédhros
The Kinslayer

Maédhros has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Maédhros
Tolkien

I'm just nitpicking here but I think that this needs revision:
Quote:
FG-T-23
Then Turgon {king} [King] of Gondolin robed in white with a belt of gold, /*TO tallest of all the Children of the World, save Thingol,*/
But if we see from the Shibboleth of Fëanor
Quote:
Arakáno was the tallest of the brothers and the most impetuous, but his name was never changed to Sindarin form, for he perished in the first battle of Fingolfin's host with the Orks, the Battle of the Lammoth (but the Sindarin form Argon was often later given as a name by Ñoldor and Sindar in memory of his valour).
I think that because of this information, we should add also Turgon's brother name in there Argon. My enmendation would be therefore:

Quote:
FG-T-23
Then Turgon {king} [King] of Gondolin robed in white with a belt of gold, /*TO tallest of all the Children of the World, save Thingol [and Argon],*/
Are you ok with this Findegil and the Late Istar? I know that people might say that Argon was already dead at that time, but if you follow the story, Thingol had just been slained by the dwarves that invaded Doriath, so he was dead too.

Last edited by Maédhros; 02-12-2004 at 03:36 PM.
Maédhros is offline   Reply With Quote