View Single Post
Old 06-01-2004, 04:08 PM   #177
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
OK, I have to ask. . .

I've just been reading through the thread about "early teens on the downs" and discovered that there is a whole swath of 'Downers whom I've been RPing with who are, well, let's say, young. . .much younger than I would have thought based on their posts and intelligence! Which is, of course, the nice thing about this place -- no pre-conceptions based on appearance or social standing/status: everybody is evaluated on the strengths of their posts.

But at any event, my question: don't you somewhat, shall we say, more mature Downers sometime feel a little, well, silly when (if) you are RPing with the younguns?? I know that I do! Heck, sometimes I feel a bit, well, creepy at the idea of RPing with a 15 year old girl: I mean, what if our characters fall in love with one another??

OK, I'm going to slip on my comfortable robe, retire to the rocking chair on the back porch and watch the sunset. That is, if I don't nod off first. . .

EDIT -- just re-read the post and oh my goodness -- agism agism agism. Let me say it for the record: the younguns I have seen around here are absolutely, jaw-droppingly, bestaggeringly amazing to me. I teach, and I could only wish that my students -- most of whom are between the ages of 18 and 20 -- were as mature, thoughtful, intelligent, creative, dependable and interesting as the people I find here!

Last edited by Fordim Hedgethistle; 06-01-2004 at 04:11 PM.
Fordim Hedgethistle is offline   Reply With Quote