View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 08:42 PM   #53
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I have a name. Hugo Chubb, born in 1447. How about he and his wife, Ruby Gamgee (youngest daughter of Samwise & Rose Cotton), 11 years his senior, had many children, two of whom were Rosemary Chubb (1474 - 1527), and Sancho Chubb (1480 - 1534). Ruby Chubb has past on a few years ago, leaving Hugo rather lonesome, having lost a wife, a son, and a daughter, and so he makes the most of his grandkids, including Rufus, Mira, and Peony.

I'm hoping for a grandfatherly role. Storyteller, good for a joke, jolly, amiable, along for the ride. "Somethin' I've always wanted to do but could never find the way." Always trying to smoke a pipe, is miserable at it - most unhobbitlike! Typically bears tobacco stains and black scuffs on his chin, cheeks, and hands. Can't keep the durn thing lit. But can't give it up either. Spits more than he'd like to admit for always getting a bad taste in his mouth from the Old Toby. Likes his ale very much as a way to get the bad taste out of his mouth. Doesn't try to be comical but can't really help it. Okay, there's a start.

Thoughts?

Sorry this is so slow abuilding, but I'm just not finding the time to put it all together really quickly.