View Single Post
Old 07-10-2002, 04:15 PM   #139
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Kali looked thoughtfully about the great halls and antechamber. His eyes grew wide with wonder. He had lived his entire life in the Sea. Never had he seen such beautiful objects so lovingly made by the hands of Elves, Dwarves, and Men.

Kali was, however, a bit frightened. He walked close to Child's side and actually tucked his hand into the pocket of her new dress. He felt stiff and a bit uncomfortable in the formal breeches and cloak which Rose had skillfully made for him.

As the herald announced their presence and they walked through the door, all eyes in the group were rivetted on the King who stood at the front surveying them with eyes, both gracious and stern.

All in the group, even Kali, dropped into a polite bow or curtsey to show the respect due a King who had already accomplished so much and brought life back to the land.

Elessar surveyed the group, giving a polite nod of acknowledgement to Mithadan and Khelak, and a smile to Rose. And then his eyes came to a halt.

He walked up and came before the figure of Kali. He looked into the eyes of the hobbrim and smiled.

For an instant Child thought Kali might freeze and do nothing, and that she would need to introduce him. But this did not happen.

Instead, Kali stepped forward and spoke with the lovely manners common to hobbits and hobrim:

Zirfan Aru Elessar,
(Beloved King Elessar,)

Kali, Azrubel, hobbrim.
I am Kali, lover of the Sea, a hobbrim.)

Hobbrim lai ayadda ephalak ad adun
(The hobbrim people went far away to the west.)

Kali, zaira nenud hobbrim lai.
(I, Kali, have a longing for the hobbrim folk.)

Kali continued in the common tongue so all could understand. "My friends and I seek my people. We do not know where they are, but we look. My friend Mistress Goodchilde will explain."

Child nodded and briefly explained the strange riddles and the stories Kali had shared with them. She continued, "We seek your blessing, and any tales or ancient lore you have that will aid our search."

[ July 10, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]