View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #15
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rk3lf View Post
The question is why would Sauron needed the ring in Numenor?
He was a prisoner, and then later, an advisor. He doesn't need the ring to be king's advisor.
Sauron may not have had to have the Ring to dominate Ar-Pharazôn (especially when much that he told the King was in line with what Pharazôn already thought), but its power would have been a great asset all the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rk3lf View Post
Also, it seems perfectly logical to me, that Sauron left the ring to Nazguls during negotiations, so if he got killed during negotiations, he could resurrect again (after all, he did that after the destruction of Numenor. His body was killed, and he resurrect again in Barad Dur, with the help of the ring, I think).
Since Sauron had so much riding on the Ring (it contained a good deal of his native power) it would have been absolute madness for him to have willingly left it behind, especially when there was no need to do so. Like I said, Pharazôn didn't even know about the One, so Sauron had nothing to lose by keeping it with him, but would have risked everything by not taking it along. Sure, he could have left it in the care of the Nazgûl, but the possibility of its loss would have always been present. Again, why risk that when it wasn't necessary?