View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 03:40 PM   #497
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariren Shadow View Post
I don't mention her being the possible Cobbler because, the way I see this game, there is no Cobbler. Ferny is an Informer. Ferny doesn't get to know the role of the person they tell the wraiths/wolves to lynch. While I don't think xe is on our side, I don't see the connection between a Cobbler, who gets to know what role the person they spy on is plus is clearly on the side of the wolves/wraiths and Ferny, the Informer, who gets to pick one person they think the wolves/wraiths should kill each night, but don't get to know the role of the chosen player. To me at least, they are entirly different roles.

I said it before, Ferny may be on the wolves/wraiths side, but could easily be a thorn in their side.
You're mistaken about the cobbler role, then. Cobblers normally know absolutely nothing, in addition to having no contact with the wolves. They are simply villagers who want the wolves to win.
Ferny is more powerful than the typical cobbler because he has a way of communicating with the wolves. What you're talking about is a sort of seer-cobbler hybrid, and not a typical role. (I've seen a few of those, though - had one in the game I modded, in fact. )
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote