View Single Post
Old 01-24-2016, 02:25 PM   #2003
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
This one was too amusing to keep to myself ;)

Today's dream, partially inflicted by Star Wars and partially by this thread, suddenly got a Barrow Downs twist.

A cruise ship belonging to the Empire with lots of passengers on board had some sort of accident not too far from shore. The ship sunk, but most of the passengers were able to swim/float to shore. However, because the Empire is inherently evil, they programmed the ship to release large portions of some deathly microorganism if it is destroyed. However, that organism selectively targeted certain racial groups. As a result, upon reaching the shore, most people just got up and walked away, but all Native Americans (yeah...) already were infected by this freakish pathogen and were lying on the sand, unconscious with fever. Meanwhile, Luke Skywalker and friends came to the nearby settlement to rid it of the Empire's presence. They discovered the deathly ill Native Americans, and briefly speculated about the nature of the pathogen. Before leaving the place, Luke appointed a person to govern the town and oversee the care of the Native Americans. When he was saying that, he mentioned the name of the town. It sounded somewhat like Omaha, and at that moment I realized that the person appointed as its governor was The Phantom. The end.

*bows*

I'd love to know more about this horrifying microorganism. It must be able to thrive in ocean water and travel quickly. Since its effect came several minutes after exposure, it was probably releasing some super strong toxins into the bloodstream (perhaps potent vasodialators, leading to a septic shock? Or neurotoxins?). All that the people in my dream said was that it was transferred with fluids and that "it's not AIDS" (by which I assume Luke meant HIV). Also, they speculated that the method of infection was swallowing small amounts of contaminated seawater while swimming to shore. Now that's some bio warfare!

Last edited by Galadriel55; 01-24-2016 at 02:34 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote