View Single Post
Old 09-12-2003, 08:04 AM   #4
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Pipe

So this is the new place, eh? Seems good to me.

LotR games, eh? Now, where shall I start? Being a bit of a fan of boardgames and the like, I have quite a collection of LotR games.

Do you mean the old SPI wargame, Ealasaide? With the huge map of ME and tiny square cardboard counters for the characters and armies? I have that, and it is intact I believe, although I have not played it for many a year. As I recall, the wargame part of it always ended up in a stand-off and it inevitably came down to whether the Ringbearer was spotted entering Mordor and, if so, which player won the fight between the remaining Fellowship characters and the Nagul. It was all a rather predictable, given that there are only two (or possibly three) routes into Mordor. Still, I always really liked the artwork on the cards - the Hobbits and Gollum in particular.

Well, I could go on for quite a while about LotR boardgames, but its probably best that I simply link to my comments on this rather old thread called LotR Risk.

If anyone else shares my interest in LotR boradgames, I would be delighted to join them for a discussion there. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]