Old 08-19-2003, 10:13 AM   #41
Numenorean
Haunting Spirit

Numenorean has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Mans:
Quote:
Isn't it odd that Kings seldomly die in battle
Tell that to Richard III at the Battle of Bosworth 1485! Though by and large the King/Ruler will not be directly involved in the thick of the action, there are always exceptions Mans. If the said King/Ruler does get involved, that does not necessarily mean he is being reckless either, he could actually be just that damn brave.
Quote:
You say that Faramir was there to controll his men, and I ask once again, what time had he to notice or do anything aobut whatever happened around him if he was struggling for his life to survive
Gondors situation was 'do or die' and they desperately needed him (a high profile Gondorian noble) and his skills in the action. Because he was 'stuggling for his life to survive' he was in the best position to appreciate the realities of the campaign and formulate the necessary counter-strikes. Faramir never came across as being reckless to me, brave, realistic and intuitive are what I would describe him as, and after all is said and done, he was massively successful in Ithilien.

[ August 19, 2003: Message edited by: Numenorean ]
'…Avallónë, the haven of the Eldar upon Eressëa, easternmost of the Undying Lands, and thence at times the Firstborn still would come sailing to Númenor in oarless boats, as white birds flying from the sunset…'
Numenorean is offline   Reply With Quote