View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 12:42 PM   #238
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Let's see if I can make this out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailín
"gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag!"
A quick translation...

gefeliciteerd - ge like in german implying something in front of a verb (right? I've never studied German more than one basic course in the Uni more than ten years ago but a lot of verbs seem to have this ge-prefix in them for some reason) and feliciteerd meaning happy or joyous or whatever... felix navidad... so let us celebrate over and over again?

met - like German mit or English with?

je - your?

verjaardag - Jaar is year or Jahre and dag is like in Swedish/Danish/Norwegian meaning a day, and this ver is again some of this German prefix-stuff I never learned what was it all about...

Sorry Cailín, I do not mean that we should reduce the Dutch language to all these other languages but only tried to make it comprehensible with the hints of these other languages I know even something about...

Gah.

Hyvää syntymäpäivää Brinn! (gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag!)
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote