View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 07:23 PM   #1245
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
It was my pleasure. I am sure I must have seemed a bit demented uttering such inanities as "and you are real!" in a delighted fashion and dragging you on a somewhat disappointing bus tour (open top in February)..in which the places of actual interest flashed by in nanoseconds - "look NOW and you will see Christ Church quad" while we got to view the many traffic lights of the city at our leisure and listen to an awful lot of Bach.

It wouldn't be a Downer meeting for me without some mixup (never my fault of course) and this occurred when we were trying to find each other after I had gone to retrieve my car - but lack of clarity over station (bus or train) was nothing compared to those which marked previous Downer meetings (which I regaled G with when we were reunited in the Lamb and Flag - the lucky girl). I had lulled myself into a false sense of security having had a clear run down to Oxford from my temporary smial in Warwickshire and the sense to use the park and ride which meant that I was in the right place at more or less the right time initially but it was, perhaps inevitable that something would go awry. I can't believe that Galadriel came all that way for such a short time and I hope to catch up with her again before she returns. I may even venture to the far Northern wastes.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace

Last edited by Mithalwen; 02-27-2017 at 10:08 AM.
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote