View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 03:05 PM   #1275
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bêthberry View Post
Thanks for the report and photos, Boro. Were there some pages from Tolkien's diary? I understand that the original exhibit at the Bodleian in Oxford had some of his diary papers on display.
I feel like there must have been, there were so many samples of his writing I just can't remember where they were necessarily all from, one of the others may remember. My favourite piece was his notes planning out the story after the Fellowship breaks up, seeing how he was so meticulous to ensure the weather lined up through each story line. And his maps and art work were all impressive. They had some of his art blown up huge on the wall which was amazing to see. And Form pointed out that there were some similiraties between Tolkien's handwriting and Tolkien's mother's handwriting which was neat.

It was a great trip and fun to see everyone! I'm so grateful I had the chance to go and definitely plan to make another trip to NYC within the next few years, still a lot there I'd love to do.

And I have a new love and appreciation for brass bands thanks to Encai's talents