View Single Post
Old 08-09-2004, 05:50 PM   #29
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

I have a profile for a Pro-Corsair Lossoth.

1.) Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? –No

2.) How many RPG’s on the Barrow Downs are you currently involved in?
List them, please: None

3.) Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn – Yes
~~~~~~~~~~

NAME: Nilak

RACE: Lossoth (Men), Pro-Corsair

WEAPONS: Though Nilak carries no weapons for war, he does carry a dagger and a bow for hunting. Also he uses a harpoon from time to time when he is out whaling.

APPEARANCE: Nilak is of average height and rather stocky. He has shoulder length black hair that he usually has tied back to keep it from his eyes. His eyes are so dark brown that many mistake them for black. He wears a pair of deerskin breeches that he tucks into his heavy leather boots. He wears a heavy bear pelt over a thick wool shirt and he also wears heavy leather gloves.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Nilak is very strong and very sneaky in his doings. Unlike many of his neighbors he has had many dealings with the Men who come into the bay. He sees the riches these Men possess and strives to one day possess them himself.
His biggest weakness is greed.

In wanting to have riches Nilak is willing to do whatever it takes, whether that means smuggling or even killing to get what he wants. Rumors have spread that he leads ships astray in the fog by hanging out lights to signal a clear passage. However the lights only lead the ships into rocks and patches of ice. Once the ships have sunk Nilak sends out his trained seals to recover any treasure that might have been aboard. He is willing to help the Corsairs now because they have promised him many riches, including his own ship.

HISTORY: Nilak was born and raised by the Ice Bay. His father died when he was too young to remember and his mother tried to raise him as best she could. He grew up poor and often he and his mother had to rely on the kindness of their neighbors to feed and clothe them.

Secondary Character

NAME: Sernir
RACE: Man of Umbar (Corsair)
WEAPONS: Sernir carries a sword and several throwing daggers.

GENERAL: Sernir is the Corsair who enlisted Nilak to help find the Stones. He hopes that Nilak and his trained seals will be able to find them before anyone else does. He has made promises to Nilak of great riches, promises he has no intention of keeping. Once he has used Nilak to find the Stones, the Lossoth is disposable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kitanna's post

The wind was violent today and Nilak was relieved to finally be safe in the cabin of the Corsair ship. He had been out in the storm helping to secure the rigging. It had been a hard day and for Nilak it was only getting worse.

Sitting before him in the cabin was Sernir, who was whittling away at a piece of wood. His face was angry and his eyes were just little slits in his face. “You said you had the best trained seals in the land. Yet here you are with nothing.” Sernir put down his dagger and the piece of wood. His grey eyes bore into Nilak’s, but still Nilak held his ground. “You are as worthless as all the other Lossoths.”

“I am doing what I can.” Nilak responded in the calmest voice he could find. Sernir was testing his patience.

“Need I remind you what is at stake? If you do not find this treasure then you will get nothing.” The Corsair could tell he had hit a nerve. This Lossoth was driven by his greed and Sernir could use that as motivation. Sernir rose from his seat and walked to the window of his cabin. He was looking at nothing, just staring blankly into space thinking of all he would gain if the Lossoth found the Stones first. Then he thought of what he would lose if Nilak failed.

“It is getting colder every waking hour and the storm is getting more violent. Soon even my seals will not be able to dive for these precious stones of yours.” Nilak said. Sernir stopped gazing out the window and glared at Nilak once more. “You ask the impossible of me. What is so important about these Stones anyway?”

“That’s none of your business!” Sernir snapped. He was about to say something else, but Nilak had completely turned his attention away. The Lossoth was now looking out the window. “What are you looking at, scum?”

“That ship coming into the dock.”

Nilak could hear Marreth screaming out to the ship. “Infernal Elf vermin! Thou vain, milk livered coxcombs, may you sink to the bottom of the sea!”

Sernir’s expression had changed and now he too watched the ship intently. “Who are they?”

“Elves and now it is more pressing than ever that we find those stones.” Sernir looked back at Nilak. “Now we must crush the Elves or we will get nothing from this.”

Nilak nodded. “I will find your treasure before the Elves do. No matter what it takes.”

Last edited by Kitanna; 08-10-2004 at 07:49 AM. Reason: To add a few sentences