View Single Post
Old 08-26-2004, 01:56 PM   #24
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril

Quote:
Fea I envy you, you have the best school
Fea hastily hides an outburst of laughter behind a fake-sounding cough.

I assure you, it's not that great. I love my school, if only because familiarity breeds content, and I tend to get preferential treatment (teachers' pet and all that) even if I niether try nor ask for it. However... it is the teachers who make or break a school or class. I do not like my Tril teacher. I know perfectly well that she pushes her "more promising" students harder, but when she hands me back a paper that is far better than anything else people scratched out in an hour, with red marks, cross-outs, side notes, and a big fat C on top... it's hard to remind myself that she is making me a better writer when my G.P.A. suffers for it. Or perhaps she knows that I write what I know will get a certain grade and no further, so I can concentrate my efforts on writing that I care more about... I hope not, otherwise my grades would plummet. Oh wait... I have Mr. D this year instead! I'm looking forward to Hamlet, and I'm told that D gives weekly journal topics to write on. That should be excellent. Anyhow, to stay on topic... I think it is the perversity of most teenagers to want to rebel against most things school-related (admit it, you've been annoyed with assignments as well, simply because they don't let you choose), so by forcing LotR into curriculum... no doubt we would be, in essense, forcing teens to dislike it.

Fea