View Single Post
Old 02-11-2004, 12:01 AM   #121
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl of Rohan has just left Hobbiton.
I really shouldn't be writing this, becuase it's not my part, but... Oh, and I just realised that some of my sentences are very similiar to lotr, though unintentional.

Atharen looked up with grave concern at Roryn, as he tended Ferethor. "The wound is staunched and will mend with time, for it is not fatal. Nevertheless, the grief and weariness that have overcome his strength of mind lies heavy on him yet. I do not think what little healing that I can bring could make Ferethor hale again, unless he has a stern will to live beyond that of mortal men."

Roryn sighed in regret. "It would be a grievious loss indeed if that came to pass, Atharen. Ferethor was a valourous member of our company, loyal and faithful to his friends. Would it that he had listened to us and fled the battle... Curse the Haradrim bandits that roam the fields of Gondor!"

Crystal, who was feeding the dying fire with scraps of wood, asked in a low voice, "Then, will Ferethor die?" Atharen merely turned his head away, as if seeking to see the myriad branches of future, saying. "I do not know." What little conversation there was dwindled into nothing.