Old 08-25-2003, 09:18 AM   #17
Maédhros
The Kinslayer

Maédhros has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Maédhros
Sting

Originally posted by Findegil
Quote:
Maedhros, I am sure that you had done a lot of hard and nice work for that version in the private forum. But I think that it wouldn't be good to start the work on the basis of a text hidden from public.
If you do that you will restrict the attendance of any discussion to the members of the project. That this forum is open for public shows that the project has as jet ever tried to do the work in public and take in as many thoughts of no-members (like me) as possible. As far as I have understood the project policy, only the ultimate refinements of the text had been done in the private forum. As it seemed to me, this was done only because of copyright restrictions against the posting of big parts of the actual text of the source books in an open forum.
I posted those versions in the private forum because of the copyright restrictions. I have no problem in posting them in the Public forum, so that all can see them. If Aiwendil and lindil are ok with that perhaps one of them can move them to the public forum. I agree that with more opinions on the subject the better it would be.