Thread: ATM II RPG
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2006, 11:10 PM   #116
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
"Wow," said Skittles, inspecting the deactivated robot. "The total incongruity of my robot double giving one twat about logic bears a certain irony that is not lost on me!"

"Huh?" quoth Igör eloquently, shuffling up beside her. He had found that when he scuffed his feet along the floor, he could zap things with his finger, and thought a moment about giving Skittles a shock, then thought better of it.

"Simply put -- that brain we put in the robot really was whack, because prior to the brain transplant RoboSkitt 2000™ would have been completely unfazed by all things illogical. Like me. Ergo, the Abby Normal brain must have had a susceptibility to logicitis. Yet, I still feel compelled to worship her. Perhaps it was whack in a divine sort of way. Or, perhaps, divinity itself is whack?"

"Huh. Do you want to repair it again?"

Skittles shook her head. "Nah. I find her easier to worship when inert, actually. I think I'll just put little wheels on her feet and roll her around with me."

"How are you going to worship her?" Igör asked, his curiosity getting the better of him despite a niggling suspicion that he didn't really want to know.

"Well, first, I'll declare today RoboSkitt Day, and make it a government holiday, so that in the future all government agencies can close for the day and retailers can make a profit off of it by selling various themed items. I like that idea better than slaying all organic life forms."

"That's a relief."

"Then, I'll find an attractive place to set up a monument to RoboSkitt. Or maybe I could just drill rivets through her feet and set her up as a monument.... At any rate, I will then build a shrine around the monument and people can come to pray and leave money in a holy hat or sacred open guitar case in order to worship, and I will collect said funds as Chief High Priestess of RoboSkitt, of course."

"You've been giving this a lot of thought."

"No, actually, I'm just saying it as it comes into my head."