Thread: new sub-forum?
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 09:10 AM   #9
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I've been a video gamer for a large part of my life, though as is the case with my reading tastes, my game preferences are somewhat eccentric.

I have never played any game having anything to do with Tolkien's works, and can't see myself ever doing so. It seems that gaming in this day is in itself a notable subculture, and I would have to wonder if 'gamers' as a group have the same appreciation for the works of Tolkien that has been a hallmark of the members of this excellent forum for so many years. That is not to say that lovers of the books cannot be game players as well, but I think that allowing a sub-forum devoted exclusively to games could invite some members who would not exhibit the established decorum and civility that has been a trademark of the Downs. I would not be in favor of it.