View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 05:27 AM   #2013
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I had a dream that birthday celebrations at Pitch's place started a couple months early, and Downers were already gathering there with the plan of hanging around and partying on until July, which made Mrs. Pitch rather unhappy. I arrived too, and met some of the Finland delegation, Faramir Jones, and other unnamed Downers - and of course Pitch, who also seemed overwhelmed from entertaining guests for such a long time. At that point I realized that I was supposed to do a whole lot before coming there, and told the Downers that I would have to go back to Edingurgh "because all my stuff is still there. Oh, and I have two more months of classes". They suggested I "call in sick and stay until Monday night". I thought that's a good idea, but I couldn't for the life of me recall what day of the week it is now and what I'd be missing between now and Monday. Meanwhile, Agan was trying to show me what Finnish sounds like, but she kept picking borrowed words that basically sound like accented English. It was at that moment that we learned that war broke out, so everyone began studying the ranks and epaulettes of the officers (of what army? Well, the one fighting the war, of course!). Then we learned an interesting fact about the Finnish army (who was not, for the record, fighting the war). Apparently they have a semi-autonomous section lead by a medium-rank officer, and all their epaulettes, instead of having the usual stripes or stars or dots and stuff, have a unicorn head.