View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 11:45 PM   #17
Tar-Jêx
Wight

Tar-Jêx has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigûr View Post

Regarding this, I think people don't discuss this stuff because they're not interested in it, not because they're isn't a space for it. It's Tolkien-related "new content', but it isn't "real" Tolkien. I can appreciate why the situation is different for the films because of their massive cultural presence and the greater overlap between book-readers and film-watchers than between either of those and game-players.

That being said if anyone wants to discuss 'The Battle for Middle-earth' or its sequel (or the Games Workshop toy soldier game) I'd be more than happy to join in. But I think it's clear by observation of the direction and calibre of discussion here that a whole sub-forum would be little more than a domain of cyberspace tumbleweeds and would jar with the tone of the forum as (in my opinion) a place where "Tolkien" is not the commerical enterprise that has spawned such games.
If the 'Tolkien' games do become a bigger thing over the years, then it may be worthy having a sub-sub-forum for it, but at the moment, they aren't that popular, and if they are, like Shadow of Mordor, then it's pretty shallow content with not much to discuss.

Imagine it like this, there are 2 (possibly more) dedicated threads to 'Riddles in the Dark'. We don't need a whole sub forum for that sort of discussion, but just some threads. We could take sort of discussion to 'New Players', but I think we should rename it, because that name isn't particularly indicative of what's there. 'New Players' deserves a sub-forum in that general 'Off topic, but still kind of relevant' sub forum.
Tar-Jêx is offline   Reply With Quote