View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 08:52 AM   #24
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Brother Mac is loose again I see. And at the same time he's rising the alarm-levels even higher. This time with some semi-seriousness if you allow me.

Follow the steps if you could, please.

Mac has the one track-mind of pursuing the "easiest" first Day lynch ie. the ideological enemy. Why is that suspicious you may ask? I'll tell you.

There are nine people on this island - three of them are baddies. Now of the nine six are easily bagged into a kind of sympathic union together being this or that way communist-liberal-hippie-activist-conspiracy teorist and what not. So the probability for at least two baddies lurking among these six is a high one. In case two (or three) are there it would be logical, safe and neat to try to call for an "ideological vote" on Day1 that would pick someone from the remaining three.

It would keep the real baddies out of the harms way and the baddies taking part in that vote (or calling for it) could always explain afterwards that they were just having a Day1 in-role mode on.

What strikes me as even more suspicious is Mac's quick appreciation and continuation of Brinn's idea about myself trying to do the thing I'm suspecting someone else on. The problem is that as the only true conservative around I can't hope to attract "the masses" here to vote on partylines - voting along the partylines would always end up with myself losing in the first place. But Mac (or Brinn for that matter) could do it as there might be five others who could be lured into this scheme.

And that's always the path of the bad ones: use any suspicion someone else has thrown in and ride with it. Safe and sound = you can always say it was someone else's idea and you're not the only one to blame & makes you look like one who has an actual reason for your vote (and thence not a baddie who has to fabricate the reasons).

That said, I'm not quite ready to vote Mac toDay as he seems to be one of the few who actually takes an interest in the well-being of us here in this island. I have a bad feeling that he is faking his interest but after all it's better to have someone to talk to than to just guess day after day.

So - believe it or not - I might take the advice of that flower-girl. That would mean voting for an enigma toDay. If that has to be done it should be sooner rather than later.

Fortunately we still have an hour. I'll need to think.

EDIT: X'd with Mac. That post relaxed me a bit - not so much because he said he wasn't going to vote for me toDay but because of the general calmness and reasonableness of the post.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote