View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 11:45 AM   #42
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark
Well remember Tolkien love balance(cant think of the word right now)
He did? I've never noticed any such trend... Morgoth was originally way stronger than Manwe- he was a match for ALL the Valar. Alone. Who balances Sauron then?

Quote:
The good guys had Gandalf and Radagast... the Bad guys had Saruman and...perhaps another maiar this Balrog COmmander Reincarnation Afterall Morgoth certainly could have done this. That too is plausible..but then again Sauron may be considered the second evil maiar in which case it makes the reincarnation less likely...
If there was a Maia in Sauron's ranks, then why was he the LIEUTANENT. If there was a Maia serving him, I rather doubt that the Witchking would be his superior, but, rather, his deputy.

Quote:
I think the nazgul idea is sufficient remember anyone could become one he may have been turning into one like early stages afterall if he were evil unlike Frodo he would accept this as a gift rather than struggle against the wound.
Good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainofDespair
'The' can be loosely put either way. He was 'The' Lieutenant of Morgul 'at' Pelennor. Or, it could be taken strictly. I take no preference. However, again with the quote, he only rallied men (whom I bunch together under the category 'Easterlings', as my book only says Easterlings, oddly enough. Mine says something to the effect of 'Bearded Easterlings with Great Axes', and only that).
Then Gothmog is 'the' "Lieutenant Nazgul of Morgul placed in Command at the Pelennor".

And, regarding your different book wording, I have to wonder if you don't have a First Edition...

But I do not know all those differences, so I won't commit to that explanation by any means.