View Single Post
Old 10-10-2002, 08:40 AM   #5
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I have instituted a new system of *'ing whereby those who come in new, can look at all of the posts in the forum at a glance and know which are the essential and active threads and "official project" threads [denoted by **] and which are the inactive but "official project threads" [ i.e. important but can be read later].

A thread w/ no asterix [most of them] indicates that the thread is of a general nature to the project and contains much [ or some info] but is not an official discussion thread tied directly to the current efforts [ Genealogy of the Noldor is a perfect example].

Only moderators or those so designated by the moderators or project leaders should use the asteriks to indicate thread status. PM Aiwendil or meyself if there are any questions re: this, or post your question on the private forum.

I hope to put this up in the FAQ's soon.

[ October 20, 2003: Message edited by: lindil ]
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.
lindil is offline   Reply With Quote