View Single Post
Old 09-26-2003, 06:12 PM   #132
Tegarend

Sting

Mmm ... let's first post about the looks and then the actions they perform.

Gandalf : looks great, acts like the books

Saruman : looks are only so-so (I wouldn't be enthralled by him - shouldn't he look friendly at least?); too much a servant of Sauron compared to the books (e.g. when he asks Sauron what he wants). In the books, he thought of himself as a serious contender 'allied' to Mordor.

Elrond : looks : awful! Agent Smith. Acts : not wise and omniscient enough. The entire elf exodus is wrong to me. The flashback in TTT doesn't help.

Arwen : looks : great! That is Arwen Undomiel! Acts : Aaargh. Why? Oh good lord, why? She was perfect in the books (i.e. absent).

Glorfindel : why was he cut? Such a great character?

Aragorn : looks : great! Acts : great, except on some occasions. The fall over cliff & flashback sucked, and his 'evil' approach against Frodo on Amon Hen wasn't good either. One of the two characters in the movies that are as good or better than the book version.

Boromir : Wonderful. My favourite character from the books (because he's really believable as getting corrupted by the ring to save his city and then getting redeemed again). I cried in the books when he died, cried in the movie when he died. His death was the one scene that was BETTER in the movie than in the book. I loved it & him.

Legolas : looks : well, an elf [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]. Acts : well, legolas is the blandest member of the fellowship. Does nothing, has no real lines (except the Balrog one) ... and here even his meaningfull friendship with Gimli is reduced to stupid one-liners ... I wonder howPJ is gonna screw up the Gulls & the Sea.

Gimli : nice looks but the dwarf=short jokes are getting old. Where's the end of the Helm's Deep game with legolas?

Faramir : looks : ok. Acts : Biggest PJ mistake as yet. No gonna elaborate.

Frodo : immature as said before. When I first looked at him I thought : oh no, 9 MORE hours of looking at this guy???

Sam : good. Same chap as in the books

Pippin : too stupid.

Merry : really good actually. Rascal but more grown up than Pip.

Ents : didn't look entish to me.

Grishnack : Please! Why didn't he go for the ring when pursuing the hobbits but did hepursue them for eating them? Where's the point in changing that? Books tell about the intrigues between three orc kindreds (Mountain, Isengard, Red Eye). Movies give us hungry orcs. Weeha.

Grima : as good as the book. But why didn't Theodred die at the Ford?

Theoden & the Riders : about what I expected ,except that Theo changed compared to the book.

Eowyn : Cool character. hope PJ doesn't screw the Dernhelm part.