View Single Post
Old 01-14-2003, 11:04 AM   #29
Eärendil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eärendil has just left Hobbiton.
And so the day for my first deathday has come! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
One year has gone since I joined the forum (although I have been visiting both the site and the forum for a longer time than that), and never have I regret it. I have had so much joy, laughed myself insane (more than I already am), trained and improved my English skills and writing skills in general, gone up a level in Tolkienology (how can I not, with so many wise people around me?), found more friends..... I could go on forever, there is so much to say!
I will not list all my reasons for consorting with the dead (as someone already said: why not?), as I hardly ever do, but I can name a few of them, there are so many.

# The site itself - So many different things this site has to offer! A name generator, prophecies, fan-fictions, contests, fantastics articles....you name it.
#The forum - All the different sections that has so much to offer: Deep discussions on Tolkien´s books and the languages, light and amusing games, exciting and fantastic role-plays, interesting reading of a new Silmarillion (hard to explain that one..) etc etc.
#The members - I have made a few good friends here, that is always nice, and I really like you all, but it´s more than that. All the crazy, funny, insightful, informative (etc) posts that are made by you all..it´s wonderful. You all make my life richer.
#The small things that DO matter - Personal Titles (interesting, at least for me), signatures, icons, avatars and so on and so forth.

If I had more time I could name at least 10 more things, but I won´t. I am sure most of them are named already. I agree with all that has been said before, and probably everything that is going to be said...*deep bow*

LONG LIVE THE BARROW-DOWNS!
Jag ska aldrig göra dig illa. Inte igen. Åtminstone inte mycket, åtminstone inte hårt. Kommer du ihåg? Då vi fortfarande kunde skratta, le på ett äkta vis. Jag tänker på det ibland. Det smärtar. För aldrig har du väl varit. Längre bort. Från mig.
Eärendil is offline   Reply With Quote