View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 05:15 AM   #59
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Quote:
I think everyone will have to wait a while now - Permission for Personal Titles is granted every few months. It isn't something that happens automatically when you hit 500 posts. Presumably it makes life easier for the Powers that be, and it is more fun to see what others in the cohort have chosen.~Mithalwen.
Yeah, I don't think I got mine until about 800 posts. Mostly because I goofed off for a while, then I cracked down, got serious and participated in the CbC threads. Now I've slipped back to goofing off.

Anyway, point is, 500 posts is just one of the prerequisites for attaining a personal title. It's at the B-W and other deciding people (don't know who they are, but assume it's Mister Underhill) disgression. You must have it offered to you because you have made a "good contribution" to the forum.

And I think that works, because if you think about it someone could post 500 times but it could all be junk that adds nothing to the forum, or to the intellect of the downers.