View Single Post
Old 03-12-2006, 05:24 PM   #113
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Linduial smiled shyly, drying the last dish and starting on the cutlery, moving a little more quickly. "I think my father would like that. As would I. I will enclose it with my own letter and send it to Belfalas as soon as I may." She finally caught up and finished rinsing and drying the cutlery.

"If it please you, sir, I would visit Marenil now before I sleep." Lord Eodwine nodded, and she ran out of the room with her small smile still on her face.

~^~

She slipped quietly into Marenil's room, where the old man lay sleeping, the natural color finally seeping back into his skin. She sat down in the hard, hand crafted wooden chair, leaning over far enough to slip her small white hand inside his gnarled, calloused one. "I'm so glad you're all right, Marenil," she whispered. "I was so frightened." She sat there, watching him sleep, for a few more minutes, then laid his hand back along his side and pulled the blanket up where movement in his sleep had pulled it down, tucking it gently around him with an almost motherly smile. He'd spent so many years taking care of her, and had the circumstances been different, it would feel very good to return the favor. As it was, it only felt--right, and proper.

She turned off the oil lamp, and moved out of the room with near silence, giving the sleeping man one last smile before walking into her own room next door.

Last edited by JennyHallu; 03-13-2006 at 10:23 AM.