View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 05:10 AM   #95
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Sorn heard the Lady’s voice turn cutting as steel as she bit at him.

"Why do you tease and delay? You must know what you wish to do with me: the longer you wait the sooner they'll find you, and spill your blood on your own hearth for the insult you have done to me."

Sorn closed the book and stood. He took Linduial’s dagger and tapped it against the bars she stood behind.

“You are correct, at least on some of your guesses. I do know what I wish to do with you. But the time is yet ripe. While you may be so sure of your rescue, they are not at my door just yet…”

He gripped the dagger and grinned.

“Will he be riding out to save you? The person this dagger is intended for? Perhaps a brother, or one whom you cherish the most?” Sorn’s sneer matched Linduial’s.

“Nothing is out of my reach, Lady Linduial. You say you have been dealt an insult, yet it is my family and the pride of my people that are dealt the greater blow.”

Sorn tucked the dagger away and hissed at Linduial.

“Your people do not belong in this land. We are no longer in debt to your kind, no longer thralls to your kingdom. That is a past long gone. We wish our nobility and pride not be tainted by your haughty men of high mountains and shores!” He was now pressed against the cold bars, within inches of Linduial. He stared at her, eyeing whatever emotion was building in her eyes. His tone changed; it was soft, almost pitying. But his eyes were dark, and his face set in veiled rage.

“You are far from your home. Did you come here to find something, or were you running? Maybe you can understand freedom. Perhaps you understand better than I can fathom?”