View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 06:08 PM   #65
Findegil
King's Writer

Findegil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
If I never posted this change here, than it was only in my private copy of the text that I added it, sorry for that. Nonetheless here is how I would deal with Galadriel in this chapter. Since Celeborn must be a Sindar per LotR we have to change DoV-UN-00.5:
Quote:
… though she did not perceive that the shadow of the same evil had fallen upon the minds of all the Noldor, and upon her own.>
DoV-UN-00.5 <UT She did indeed wish to depart from Valinor and to go into the wide world of Middle-earth for the exercise of her talents; for {"}being brilliant in mind and swift in action she had early absorbed all of what she was capable of the teaching which the Valar thought fit to give the Eldar,{"} and she felt confined in the tutelage of Aman. This desire of Galadriel's was, it seems, known to Manwë, and he had not forbidden her; but nor had she been given formal leave to depart. Pondering what she might do Galadriel's thoughts turned to the ships of the Teleri, and she went for a while to dwell with her mother's kindred in Alqualondë. DoV-UN-00.7{There she met Celeborn, who is here again a Telerin prince, the grandson of Olwë of Alqualondë and thus her close kinsman. Together they}There she planned to build a ship and sail in it to Middle-earth; and {they were}she was about to seek leave from the Valar for {their}her venture.>
§52a It is told also that when Melkor saw that these lies were smouldering he began to speak, …
Respectfully
Findegil
Findegil is offline   Reply With Quote