Thread: Reverse Gripes
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2006, 04:26 PM   #4
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Quote:
Boromir's character development and his death scene made him much more interesting and gave him more depth than the book did. His nobility and repentance in death is more vivid in the movie.~Esty
I thought that until TTT EE where Denethor sends Boromir out as a secret agent to go bring the ring back to his poppy. Boromir's character in FOTR was absolutely brilliant, he was done so sympathetically and was still one of the closest portrayed characters (though in the books he's more childish), but then TTT EE rolls around and my heart is shattered when he is sent out as an agent.

I've always felt the only thing Jackson improved on the books, and this is actually a rather minor minor change, but I like it. Is in the books Gandalf is given the line (telling Grima about Eowyn) "Too long have you haunted her steps, too long have you punished her." In the movies Jackson gives this line to Eomer and I think it works better. Hearing it as a threat from Eowyn's brother who should know more, then just some old random wizard that pops in on occasion.