View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 09:09 AM   #54
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
I read through this thread and decided I might be after all interested.
All help welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Well, considering accents, I do not think anyone should change theirs a lot in order to do their role better, it's probably going to sound only silly.
I agree. Considering the international cast that we're likely to have, I think we will simply have to live with accents - just as long as they aren't too thick, but I doubt we will face many of those here on the Downs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
A thought - what does everyone think about perhaps forming an LJ community for discussion of this project?
It would be practical, yes, but wouldn't it also remove us from the Downs community and maybe discourage the much-needed participation of people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
I'm worried that if we try to force descriptions into the dialogue, the result will seem clunky and artificial (people don't generally describe their surroundings to one another, after all). Still this sort of overall-vision question might be easier to agree on when it comes to specific writing issues, I suppose.
That's true. The descriptions will probably have to be cut down significantly... I think we have to somehow make them "flow" into the atmosphere of the respective scene. This is where sound effects might be crucial.
However, just take a look at the first page of "A long-expected party", where the narrator tells us about the rumours around Bilbo Baggins. This feels to me like it should be made into dialogue and fitted into one of the following scenes instead of being narrated. You're right, many decisions will have to be made when the issue is at hand, but I think we also need a sort of overall vision so that in the end we have something that looks like a coherent whole. But probably this will just emerge naturally once we really started.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote