View Single Post
Old 06-18-2002, 10:44 AM   #6
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Aiwendil: you are right re: keeping the stylistic harmonization as a seperate process, I always want to jump the gun.

I concur that we should do a straight textual editing [ along with the tense=-shifting]first [although as for the sytlistic editing that is somethiong I would be inclined to go at alone if need be just to see whatwould happen] as you recommend.

I tried to cut and paste all of the transition posts from page 2 of the FoG thread but I kept getting a prompt saying that we had html parantheses. Feel free to try a similar post your self.

I had already emailed Ron [ I think it went through so you may notice your status and powers change.] Maybe you can give it a try.
-=-=-
My idea was to have a discussion thread based on the individual changes, and then have a seperate thread where the text would be posted w/out comment for folks to read.

I imagine that we will just have to post re-edited versions of each of the proposed changes [ due to html tags].

Maybe you have a streamlined idea ?

Any word from jallanite?

[ June 18, 2002: Message edited by: lindil ]
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.
lindil is offline   Reply With Quote