View Single Post
Old 05-06-2003, 05:22 PM   #22
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ajada, however mildly grateful for the free drink offer from a group of strangers, refused to take another ale. But it did not escape the writer that Avery had a fine time with her drink, and the reporter was sure the thief enjoyed the hospitatlity of the newcomers. Ajada was never one to discount the details of anything seen, and scribbled down a few descriptions of the new strangers.

"I see it is a night for the immortal kind, eh?" Ajada mumbled, studying the three companions with careful, intrigued eyes. They said nothing in return, at least nothing to Ajada. Next to the scribe, Avery let out a loud, horrendous belch that led Ajada to wonder if it caused the room to shake.

"Honestly! Avery, you pig! If you must let out such nasty, foul, unseemly, scatologically disgusting noises and smells, do it in a direction opposite of me!" Ajada cried, waving a hand slightly as if to waft away bad air. Avery rolled her eyes, looked Ajada straight in the face, and belched once more. Ajada, always one for dramatics, leapt off her stool in a flourish, and pretended to half-faint in the process. Then the writer got up and sat back on her stool, and eyed Avery with submissive astonishment.

"Sir Radagast...the Brown, is it?" Ajada spoke again, now facing the elderly chap. He nodded, and Ajada nodded back matter-of-factly. Then she turned to his companions, both were startlingly Elvish in appearance, but the man could've easily passed a fool and be thought a human. "Avery and I...well, I have not been graced with the extreme, drastic, extravagant pleasure of knowing what you are called."

"I am called Mattius," the man began, and Ajada ignored his half-mocking tone. "and this wonderfully quiet woman next to me is Endereth."

"I see. And why in Middle-Earth would you be passing through Isengard? I myself have been sent here by atrocious, excruciatingly painful means involving clowns and mimes to help record what some group of ambivalent heroes will do about the current situation in Fangorn," Ajada continued on rambling until she finished her elaboratley sophisticated question.