View Single Post
Old 05-08-2003, 04:18 PM   #28
Auriel Haevasawen
Wight

Auriel Haevasawen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ajada sat making notes and feeling uncomfortable sitting at the table with people who were in all sense and purposes strangers to her. The landlord wandered over and collected the empties. They whispered and she could not make out what they said despite straining her ears.

"Mattius, go and seek Avery. That young lady has a liking for spirits that needs to be watched."

"A bit like your taste for Edoran ale then old friend?" Mattius joked as he rose.

"No, dear boy. This is a serious matter. She must be as clear of mind as she is of heart to continue."

"I think you're mistaken if you think Avery is clear of heart, sir." Ajada snapped peevishly. "There goes someone who is quite the opposite."

Radagast sighed. "You pride yourself on your linguistic skills child. My skills are with nature itself. My friends here joke of my communicating and understanding birds. Stop for a moment Mistress Erudite and think about your friend's name.

Her destiny is with us."

Ajada was rendered silent while she considered what the pompous old man said. Mattius got up to leave as instructed. "If you are so in tune with her Radagast where will I find her."

"Who knows, use your tracking instincts boy!" Radagast made a hurrumph noise and returned to what remained of his pint.