Old 01-18-2002, 05:24 AM   #129
Tirinor
Haunting Spirit

Tirinor has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Originally posted by Lush:
<STRONG>

I cannot assume myself to be so learned and wise as to say that I fully comprehend all of it. ...... (one of them incidentally being "He who is without sin may cast the first stone"), who are we to claim we fully understand it? And if homosexuality is indeed a sin, as I believe it very well may be, I still will not rail against, because I am sinful myself, vain, lustful, all that good stuff. Acknowledging other's sins is very easy, but what about our own?</STRONG>

Some things in the Bible don't require a decoder ring to uncover. and as far a casting stones, God is the judge, or stone thrower, and he does it through his Word, IF you believe in the Bible. The stones have been cast, and they have been cast at everyone you hasn't claimed the protection of Christ. Encouraging someone to get behind that shield by letting them know they are under attack is an act of love, not intolerance. You are right that we should not spend our time accusing others of sin if we think of ourselves as not being sinful, I agree with that. But is anyone here doing that? In fact I could be gay myself and not have changed a word of my posts.

Why is it so offensive to have someone try to lead you to what they believe is the right path? You may not believe it is, and that is fine, but they do.

If we are going to argue, the arguement should take place on the "whose world view is right" level, not who is right about homosexuality. Otherwise, as has already been shown, we won't get anywhere.

now, back to Tolkien. I'm not sure if there is much more to discuss about Tolkien. It seems that most everyone seems to agree to some extant that Tolkien PROBABLY did not intend there to be homosexual relationships in the Lord of the Rings, although it can't be proved without direct word form the man himself.