View Single Post
Old 03-20-2003, 04:37 PM   #241
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Bilbo and Sam had been setting out a number of simple, hearty dishes that had been prepared earlier that day as well as untapping the barrel of ale that Prim had supplied for them. Bilbo was genuinely looking forward to an evening of conversation and wild tales, and hoped that things would be a bit more relaxed than the earlier party that had taken place in the Inn.

"It's a pity Maura can't come. I've gotten to know him while staying at the Dragon. He's not a bad sort at all. A bit quiet, but relaxed and good natured once you sit down and talk with him. But he and Cami were determined to get away and, with everything that's been hapening, I can't say I blame them."

Sam nodded, "Yes, it might have been nice, but I must say I'm looking forward to having just the five of us together, the way it used to be in old times."

"I did tried to ask Fatty," Bilbo noted, "but when he heard Cami was still in the Shire, he got a horrified look on his face, and said it would have to wait."

Sam looked over and laughed, "Hmm, whatever Cami did to chase him away seems to have worked quite well."

At that moment, a hobbit mounted the steps and tugged down on the bell chain. Bilbo quickly went over and threw open the door.