View Single Post
Old 03-22-2003, 10:43 AM   #249
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: I don't know... will there be a quiz on this later?
ArwenBaggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ArwenBaggins Send a message via Yahoo to ArwenBaggins
Eye

Elanor slowly put down the last plate on the table, covered with a plaid tablecloth. Goldi was standing next to her, tugging on her light blue dress.

"What now Goldi?" the small hobbit lass lifted her chubby finger, showing a fresh cut. Elanor picked her up carefully and placed her on the table.

"’Lemme see." Elanor looked at the cut, apparently made by grass. "Aww. It’s Ok. Shhh.."

Goldilocks started to cry, and Elanor tried to not cause to much attention. "Shhh… Here," She dabbed the blood off of the chubby finger. Elanor picked up a carrot, and gave it to Goldi. "Just don’t let Mama see it, Ok?" Goldi nodded, and jumped from the table joining a game of Hide and Seek.

Elanor smiled and turned, seeing that Pio and Rose Goodchild had arrived. She ran off toward the door, ready to greet anyone.

Pio's post

‘Elanor, so good to see you again!’ Pio gave the surprised girl a quick hug, and then brought forth Rose Goodchild and Abar who entered behind her. ‘These are my two friends who have come from a distance to visit me and Cami. This is Rose Goodchild, Cami’s adopted daughter. And this young man is Abar. Since they do not know anyone here, I was hoping you would introduce them around for me.’

‘Oh, Miz Pio, I would love to do that!’ Elanor took the two by the hand and led them out to the back yard to meet the other children. Abar soon joined in the games with the other younger children, and Elanor drew the older girl aside to sit beside her and talk.

She found Rose to be quite intriguing, and urged her on to share stories of her adventures. Her eyes grew round when Rose told her some of how she had met Pio and some of the adventures they had shared together, though Rose edited her telling quite closely, knowing she could not share all the facts of what had gone on. Elanor, in turn, told Rose of her Father’s history and shared with her what daily life was like in the Gamgee family. And, of course, there was the inevitable discussion of the merits of the various Hobbit lads in the vicinity. Rose, being the older of the two, gave her wise comments on each of the young lads, and Elanor nodded solemnly at her assessments.

Pio, coming out into the back yard, smiled at the sight of the young ladies sitting, heads close together, deep in discussion of matters of importance.

[ March 24, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]