View Single Post
Old 03-18-2021, 04:51 PM   #7
Zigūr
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Zigūr is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Zigūr is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Star Wars fandom know where I'm coming from. You have to start with Episode I even though I would argue that's probably the most boring.
Heh do you though? My attitude is to just watch the original trilogy and stop! And by Original Trilogy I'm talking about fan-produced versions with the Special Edition changes removed; that's my Star Wars equivalent of Tolkien book purism

Interesting to see people saying B5A is the worst as at the time I thought it was the best, before the battle at least; it seemed to have the most "heart" out of the three to me, but I could be misremembering.

As I said in another thread I tried to watch the "Bilbo Edition" of the Hobbit films last year and got so bored I stopped watching! I'm not sure I could ever watch any of the films again.

That being said as I get older and mellow out a bit I think the Lord of the Rings trilogy is interesting from a technical perspective, when utterly divorced from the question of its nature as an adaptation of the book. I don't like it and don't want to watch it, but I think they're interesting to discuss from a technical and production standpoint, if that makes sense.