View Single Post
Old 05-14-2006, 09:44 AM   #70
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
By entering Mordor, they come into contact with Anakronistic life and thus notice Anakronisms. This should be enough to assign them.
It is enough. The trick is to pretend it's not real. What? I saw no large iron box on wheels speeding down the road with extremely odd and loud music shaking both it and the ground in the near vicinity. I've no idea what you're talking about.

There are going to be certain exceptions to the anakronism rule which Alli will be kind enough to point out (like icebreakers). You know how paperwork and international travel work... the silliest rules. Basically, the Gondorians have been briefed that they are not to notice anything out of the ordinary lest they be assigned or lest the Dweomer take effect on THEM. They might, as a matter of interest, not want to notice Igor.

Quote:
Of course, as Mardil is King and the King can decree who is to be assigned to Mordor or vice versa, we could simply have Mardil declare that the ambassadors are permitted to view, notice and mention anakronisms without assignation.
That won't do at all. Mardil is NOT the King that created the King's Law therefore I'm not letting him change it. It is weakening, which lets people leave (which is what caused this whole problem), because of him, but if he tries to simply change it, Roggie will not be happy because it means that Mardil is not only allowing but helping illegal border swapping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Perhaps they can be excused from the normal rules due to the circumstances?
Nope.

Quote:
Fea I'm hoping this meets with your requirements.
Yep.

Quote:
EDIT2: Oh yes, also, are we doing the whole anakronisms in italics thing again?
Oh I'm sure we probably should...