View Single Post
Old 04-03-2006, 03:25 PM   #176
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Saeryn watched the dangling shimmer with all the fascination of a crow with a shining penny. Though no light from the sky touched it, it seemed to catch what light there was and reflect it back toward her as it spun slowly on its chain.

“I may have more of these precious little beauties.” The man made her curious. She had met those like him, of course, but they had never gained her attention such as this. She put it down to that the last time she had been in such company, she had been clad in a fine gown with her hair styled and had been seen only as a fine-brained lady with no mind for barter.

"Perhaps later, Master Larswic, you shall tell me the history of this lovely piece. I wonder at the lovely woman whose neck it once adorned. But as you can see, now is not quite the time or the place." She gestured simply, somehow capturing the illusion that she had pointed simultaniously to the drizzle falling lightly from the dull grey sky to the mud about their feet and the imperfect shelter nearby. "I must admit to a slight chill, and I suspect that if I've one, others of this household do as well. I'll need to check the state of rooms closest to the fall and organize a meal of some sort, and all that that will go unnoticed otherwise. If you'll excuse me..."

They had walked as she spoke and were now within the building at the end farthest from the destruction.

"This room should suit." she said, opening a door wide. She had cleaned it that morning before Lin had joined her for sweets and laughter. "You are, of course, welcome to wander, but please take care. I am sorry to be so abrupt, but there is much to be done and less time to do it in."